2010年5月28日 星期五

Journal 4

Since I was a high school student, I had been as an English teacher’s assistant for three years. My high school English teacher is a perfectionist; consequently, I had to do better than other teacher’s assistants. In the beginning, I didn’t want to be the assistant of that teacher. There were two reasons why I didn’t want to accept the job. First, one of the qualifications for students to be that English teacher's helper was to have strong responsibility and great ability to manage events. Therefore, I was afraid I couldn’t do the job as well as them. Second, they were good at English very well; hence, I though I didn’t have enough ability to be as an assistant. However, after I considered these problems, I decided to accept the challenge even if the job would be a little difficult.

In the period of being teacher’s assistant, I had encountered some frustrations and had much pressure. For instance, I had to get great grade; otherwise, teacher would blame me. Once, I got a fail in an English exam. In class, I was blamed for fail in an English exam in front of the classmates. At the moment, I felt very sad and wanted to cry to vent my emotion. After class, I couldn’t hide my emotion and cry. My friends tried to comfort me. After that I thought it over. I considered that I got the bad grade because I didn’t study hard. After I experienced the frustration, I understand to be an English teacher’s assistant, I should get better grade than other classmates.

To be an assistant, I learn how to manage different events and how to be a leader to lead other people.

1 則留言:

  1. Hi Penny,

    Again, this piece is quite good, too. =D
    尤其是第一段,組織好,文意清楚,而且linking words用得很好。除了一兩句有文意上需要修正, 還有小部份的時態沒有用對

    第二段有用到較多的time order words, 也是用得很合宜

    1. My English teacher is a perfectionist; consequently, I had to do better than other teacher’s assistants.
    ==>需要註明: My high school English teacher...

    2. In the beginning, I didn’t want to be an English teacher’s assistant.
    ==>...這一句較不清楚,因為是指你不想當任何英文老師的助理(那就用any English teacher's assitant), 還是你前面提的那位完美主義者(那就用指定the assistant of that teacher)。an English teacher's assistant是看不出來的

    3. There are two reasons why I didn’t want to accept the job.
    ==>are用過去式

    4. First, persons who once were to be assistants of my English teacher have strong responsibility and have great ability to manage many events.
    ==>我想把這一句改成: First, one of the qualifications for students to be that English teacher's helper was to have strong responsibility and great ability to manage events.

    5. Therefore, I’m afraid I couldn’t do the job as well as them.
    ==>am時態不對

    6. Second, they are good at English very well; hence, I though I didn’t have enough ability to as an assistant.
    ==>are 時態
    ==> to as an assistant少了動詞

    7. However, after I considered these problems, I decided to accept the challenge even if the job would be a little difficult.
    ==>Good!

    8.In the period of being teacher’s assistant, I had encountered some frustrations and had much pressure.
    ==>...being the teacher's...

    9. For instance, I had to get great grade; otherwise, teacher would blame me. Once, I got a fail in English exam.

    ==>exam是可數名詞, 要用an English exam

    10. In class, I was blamed for fail in English exam in front of classmates.
    ==>in front of the classmates
    ==> exam的問題如上

    11. At the moment, I felt sad extremely and wanted to cry to vent my emotion.
    ==>I felt very sad...

    12. After that I thought it over,
    ==>After that, I thought it over.

    13. I considered that I got the worse grade because I didn’t study hard.
    ==>...I got the bad grade...

    回覆刪除